Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
Matthew 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
When there is going to be prayer for the sick during a revival, the minister usually spends time telling of miracles and teaching on faith. This is to increase your faith by hearing of these miracles and teaching the word of God.
Hebrews the 11th chapter is called the faith chapter. It tells of Noah, and many others who died in faith. If this chapter were being written today, I would like for my name to be included in this faith chapter along with the others who had faith.
INCREASE OR EXERCISE YOUR FAITH
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
God delights in doing things for his children. Since he owns everything, (the house and land that you think you own or are buying belonged to someone else a thousand years ago and will belong to someone else in the future), we are only a Stewart of his land.
2 Timothy 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
Matthew 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
There are steps that we can take to increase our faith. I believe these steps are as follows.
1. Guilt feelings for mistakes we have done in the past will hinder our faith. To get rid of these guilt feelings forever ask God for forgiveness. (See repentance).
2. Faith cometh by hearing. Attending church regular to hear teaching will increase your faith.
3. Faith cometh by the Word of God. Regular bible reading, especially the stories of faith will increase your faith. We must believe that He is, and He rewards those who seek him.
4. Regular prayer is a key ingredient to increase our faith.
5. Fasting, to deny our body of food to bring the body under subjection to the spirit, is a very important act of faith. We can not twist God’s arm, but prayer and fasting is obedience and obedience gets God’s attention.
Jesus was talking to his disciples about faith and the reason that they could not do the miracle that Jesus had just done. Jesus said, “ Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.”